Monday, June 30, 2008

My birthday in Misiones


On Tuesday, June 24th, I celebrated my 27th birthday with the community “Dios Es Amor” (“God is Love”) in San Martin. Now I truly feel like my year working with the community of San Martin is complete because I was able to celebrate my birthday with the church. The women made hot chocolate and cake, both from scratch! It was delicious. Many of you are probably reading this, thinking, isn’t it too hot for hot chocolate. Well, we are actually in the winter season here. It is my first time celebrating my birthday in the winter. We had a beautiful, sunny day though. And about 20 children came for the celebration! I am so thankful for all of the women that took the time to make the cake and hot chocolate. I often say now that I have 20 mothers in San Martin. Unfortunately, the pastor, Mariela Pereyra, was not able to make it to the party on time because her car broke down, But, don’t worry we saved some cake for her and her daughter, Ingrid. One women, who has been a good friend and works as a teacher for the bible school, Viviana, was not able to make it. After waiting for two months, Viviana was finally able to go in for heart surgery to have two major valves removed, and have two new valves put in. I was able to visit her this past Friday, and she is doing great. She can now walk by herself. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as she continues to recover. I guess I had many birthday blessings!

No comments: